Geschichte - Die Würthsbehausung zum Gulden Rössl 1640
The historical inn at the Cavallino d'Oro
In the annals before 1600 is reported an inn at the top of the old market. A document dated end of the 16th century and found in the rafters of the entrance is the witness of the house. In 1640 he was awarded the "nobleman" Ludwig Neiner of Vilanders, owner of "Würthsbehausung zum Gulden Rössl" a coat of arms. This is the first mention of the Cavallino d'Oro. A Ludwig Neiner followed various owners. The current form of the house dates back to the 17th century. The elaborate facade with three bay windows, window tripartite arched bottom and the imposing portal are classic for the inns of the time. Of course, the horse, as all the old Tyrolean inn, which had both stable barn, located in the west of the house. It was a family hotel, the first in the city from the north, where we stopped several wagons for forage and water the horses. The small front building to the street is still called "Der Stellwagen", the place where once the horses were changed coaches.
In 1882 was built the first gym in the courtyard of Bressanone, in use until the construction of the new Via Stazione in 1910. In 1885, the "Mauermartl", Martin Pichler, a renowned manufacturer, bought the inn. Finally, was the daughter of this man, Lina Holzer, to sell the property in 1926 to Franz Stolz of Varna which the gestures with his wife Katharina Gamper, well Varna until 1958 when the house passed to his son Alfred, who gestures with his wife Oliva Kelder of Ortisei. When finally in 2003 their son Elmar took over the reins. He and his wife Anna Elisabeth, currently operate the Hotel. From their marriage were born two children, Katharina and Amadeus, perhaps the fourth generation of the historic inn. In 2009 the inauguration of the new hotel lobby.